SmackDown Live 26.12.2017

Daniel Bryan kicked off the show by announcing a tournament to crown a new US Champ after Dolph vacated his title last week. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin interrupted to ask for their title match against The Usos, which Rusev and Aiden English interrupted and ofcourse, then New Day also had to come out. So D-Bry did what WWE always does, chuck everyone in the ring at the same time, making a triple threat numbers one contenders match between Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin, Rusev and Aiden English, and The New Day.
The match was a really good one with good spots and excellent action. Rusev is incredibly over at the moment and he’s even dragging Aiden English into relevance with him. His double accolade to both Chad Gable and Xavier Woods was without doubt the highlight of the match, which ended with Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin getting the pin and becoming the number one contenders. I just want to add here, how awesome the Usos are now. AWESOME.
Then we had the rematch from the mismatch between Breezango and The Bludgeon Brothers. The rematch, like the mismatch, was a mismatch. The monster heel team dominated and this time, they didn’t end the match with their finisher, instead opting to pile on the misery on the hapless babyfaces, when The Ascension came to make the save. Later on backstage, they put Breezango up for another rematch…… So……
Naomi then faced off against Ruby Riott. Their wasn’t really any doubt in my mind as to the result with Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan at ringside. Naomi had the match in control until she was distracted for a moment which allowed Ruby Riott to hit the Riot Kick for the pin and the win. After the match Charlotte saved Naomi from another 3 on 1 beatdown before she herself got overpowered by the heels, this time Natalya appeared with Tamina, Lana and Carmella in tow. The Riot Squad thought better of this fight and fled.
First, first round match of the tournament to crown the new US Champ, saw Bobby Roode taking on Baron Corbin. It was a match in which I again told myself how good a wrestler Bobby Roode is. Bobby Roode won the match by rolling up Corbin for the pinfall victory, which takes him through to round 2.
The second match saw Jinder Mahal taking on a returning Tye Dillinger. Tye Dillinger looked good in this match, but that can be attributed to Jinder Mahals, character. Jinder won the match by pinning Tye Dillinger after The Khallas.
Our main event of the evening was a non title match between AJ Styles and Kevin Owens. In my opinion, these are the two best wrestlers, not just on Smackdown Live, but in the WWE as a whole, so this match could never go wrong. Sami Zayn interfered in the match, Shane McMahon came out to ringside to eject Sami Zayn from ringside but the distraction allowed Kevin Owens to roll up Styles for the pinfall win. Styles staring Shane after the match suggests this storyline might now engulf the WWE Champion as well.

Where’s dolph ziglar???

He’s been written off TV with the whole title relinquishment angle. Probably will return by Royal Rumble time. I’m not really upto date these days with wrestling news because my internet provider’s whole system is down.